Bloating refers to the retention of gas in the abdominal area causing an increase in diameter.
While Flatulence means the passage of gas through the rectum. All in all, both of them cause abdominal pain, swelling and discomfort. While wearing form fitting clothes becomes a hassle, sometimes it may become awkward when people around you think you’re carrying a baby.
There may be various causes of it;
- Food Allergies
- Processed dairy like cheese
- Chewing gum
- High sugary foods
- Dietry sodas
- Refined foods which contain very little fibre like pasta, polished rice etc
Here are some ways to get rid of them.
- Avoid the above mentioned triggers
- Have plenty of water as it improves hydration and promotes intestinal movement which gets you rid of the trouble.
- Have a bowl of yogurt. Yogurt is rich in probiotics which will relieve you of the gas in no time.
- Have a green salad with half a bunch of mint leaves
- Chew fennel seeds.
- Make a green smoothie with raw mint, spinach, celery cucumber etc and down it.
- Eat papaya, guavas, figs, dates, grapes etc.
- Have a smoothie made of berries like falsa, blue berries, blackberries etc.
- Having green tea also helps.
- Exercise also promotes peristalsis and makes you pass gas easier.